San Rafael High School  Logo
Staff Directory Bell Schedule Faculty Directory Prospective Students Information Mission and Goals School History TITLE IX Gender Equity
Career Technical Education Counseling English Visual and Performing Arts World Languages Mathematics Physical Education Science Social Studies Special Education Department College and Career Center
Daily News Student-Parent Handbook Library Career Information Student Opportunities for Volunteering Summer Enrichment Programs Student Clubs Internships SARC Report Student Store
Media Academy Physics Academy AVID CSF Garden Project Link Crew SRHS Broadcast
SRHS BULLDOG ATHLETICS Fall | Cross Country Fall | Football Fall | Tennis - Girls Fall | Volleyball - Girls Fall | Waterpolo - Boys Fall | Waterpolo - Girls Winter | Basketball - Boys Winter | Basketball - Girls Winter | Soccer - Boys Winter | Soccer - Girls Winter | Wrestling Spring | Baseball Spring | Golf Spring | Lacrosse - Boys Spring | Lacrosse - Girls Spring | Mt. Biking Spring | Softball Spring | Swimming Spring | Tennis - Boys Spring | Track Cheerleading
Stadium Project
WeAreSR! Annual Fund Giving Class of 2018 Class of 2019 Class of 2020 Class of 2021 Art Boosters Athletic Boosters Drama Boosters Music Boosters Mock Trial SRHS Alumni Association English Language Advisory Council Planning Calendar At-A-Glance

COM Admissions general # to apply

Counseling Dept. 1-415-485-9432  
Alexandra Magallenes – Counselor (Bi-lingual) – 485-9320
English-As-A-Second Language Counselor, Karen Robinson, 485-9642
Vocational/Technical Counselor, Letta Hlavacheck, 457-8811 x8129
Transfer Counseling, 485-9432
Testing Office, Patricia Torres, 485-9469

Santa Rosa JC Admissions  (For transfer information, go to main website, click on student services, click articulation.)  Counseling Dept – 1-707-527-4448 John Daly, Counselor, 1-707-524-1557, English-As-A-Second-Language Counselor, Filomina Iviola, 1-707-522-2790, Karin Guzman, 1-707-527-4882,  $800-1,400 Doyle Scholarship available for vocational/technical training and general education/transfer programs. Priority deadline, 3/1/03 High school GPA (grade point average) 2.5GPA or better for tech, 3.0GPA for transfer program. The Doyle Trustee Award is available to those who do not qualify for either of the above two scholarships and you need to be nominated by your counselor. This can be submitted from early May –July 15th. Tell your counselor you want to be nominated.

Community Colleges

College of Marin Summer / Fall admissions 2014

California Community or Junior Colleges have an open door policy,


You may attend any of the 109 California Community Colleges (CCC) if you have a ...more

Taking Classes at COM While in High School

In order to take a course at COM while in high school you must fill out an application, an enrollement card and a green College Credit Program Card which needs to be signed by your counselor. If SRHS offers a course at a convenient time you will need to take it at SRHS otherwise you can take it at the COM. Classes are free while you are in high school although you will need to pay for books and supplies.

Applying Senior Year

  1. COM and SRJC each visit SRHS in the fall to give out general information about their schools and their admissions process.
  2. They return in early spring to give out more specific information about the registration process.
  3. COM  and SRJC will administer math and English Placement Tests at SRHS in March for students who plan to attend either school Sign-up in the CCC or Counseling Dept. You will need to contact the other specific junior college that you plan to attend for testing and orientation information.
  4. Approximately 2 weeks after the Placement Test, students fill out an online application  (,  OR and sign-up for an orientation to help them understand the process of registering for classes.
  5. You will be assigned a student ID # which should be recorded where it will not be lost. This will be used suring your entire junior college career.

How to Apply

  1. It is important to apply as early as possible before classes begin in order to get the classes your want. Typically seniors apply in March/April for either summer or fall classes.
  2. Apply to any junior ...more

Admission Requirements

To be admitted to a California community college, one must complete the registration procedures established by that college and meet one of the following qualifications:

  •  Have a high school diploma or equivalent. (Some schools provide free assistance in obtaining your GED if you did not graduate from high school)
  • Be 18 years of age or older, and able to profit from instruction.
  • Be concurrently enrolled in high school.


Classes are free while you are in high school.


California residents and those who are undocumented residents who have attended a California high school for 3-4 years and received their high school diploma, pay an enrollment fee per unit or credit for the semester or quarter. Currently this costs $26/unit or credit. Nonresidents (out of state, undocumented who are not AB540 eligible, and international students) pay a higher tuition per unit (approx 175.00/unit) for the semester or quarter in addition to the enrollment fee.


Students pay for textbooks and additional fees such as parking, health, and records processing fees. Financial aid is available and every college has a financial aid office. Financial aid is not available to non-residents but scholarships, such as the Governor's Fee Waiver,  may be available. All colleges have EOPS (Economic Opportunity Program) which provide some assistance with financial aid and academic support, if you qualify, either on an academic and or a financial basis. Contact the college of your choice for exact costs and financial assistance.


Student Services

 Most colleges provide:

·         List of housing available in the community.
·         Information and assistance regarding grants, loans and scholarships.
·         Educational and personal counseling, tutoring.
·         Assistance in obtaining employment, on and off campus.
·         Special advice and assistance for veterans.


Many colleges provide tutoring services for students needing special help. Some colleges have dormitories. These colleges are: Butte, Columbia, Feather River, Kings River, Lassen, College of the Redwoods, Santa Rosa, Shasta, Sierra, College of the Siskiyous, Taft, West Hills, and Yuba. 

Foreign Students

Foreign students may be admitted. A certificate of Eligibility for Student Visa (Form 1-20) is issued by the college admitting the student. The student must enroll in a least 12 semester credit units and maintain a 2.0 (C) grade average. There is a higher cost per credit as a foreign student.

Transferring from Junior College to 4-year College or University

In order to take the correct classes required to transfer, it is critical that you are in communication with both your community college counselor and the school(s) that you plan to transfer to. It is difficult for community college counselors to stay abreast of all transfer requirements of  various colleges and universities therefore you should check  with the college(s) that you hope to transfer to in order to be clear about which community college courses you need to take. The number of classes needed to transfer will vary according to the college or university that you plan to transfer to. There are specific requirements for public four year schools but much more flexibility with private schools.

 Transfering from a California Community College to a 4 year  California college, go to

Check these websites for further information on transferring:

·         California State University –

·         University of California –

·         Private California Colleges –

·         National Private Colleges –