San Rafael High School Mission Statement
Our mission at San Rafael High School is for each student to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the future and to contribute to society while recognizing the dignity and worth of each individual.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLR's)
To fulfill this mission the San Rafael High School staff, in partnership with the parents and students, expect graduates to be:
Aware, ethical and involved citizens who:
- participate in school, local communities and develop an awareness of one global community.
- engage in decision making that considers the economic, social, ethical and political consequences of their actions and accepts responsibility for them.
- value diversity of culture, language, ideas and gender.
Collaborative workers who:
- use cooperative skills to contribute to the accomplishment of group goals.
- utilized effective communication and problem solving skills.
- select and use a variety of tools including technology to acquire, organize, analyze and communicate information.
Critical thinkers who:
- analyze ideas and issues with an open and inquiring mind.
- plan, organize and carry out complex tasks.
- apply past learning experiences to new situations.
Effective communicators who:
- listen, speak, read and write competently.
- organize and express their thoughts in an informed and meaningful way using a variety of media.
- appreciate, critique, and create diverse forms of visual and performing arts.
Life-long learners who:
- assume personal responsibility for their learning.
- develop and evaluate personal educational and career plans.
- have the skills for life-long learning, fitness and wellness.
San Rafael City Schools District Mission Statement
The mission of San Rafael City Schools, a multicultural community with a commitment to build a school system of unparalleled quality, is to guarantee to students and parents that all students will acquire knowledge and skills essential for lifelong learning, responsible citizenship, fulfillment of their greatest potential through a challenging pesonalized education in collaboration with parents, staff and our diverse community.
Goals of San Rafael City Schools:
- Provide exemplary teaching and learning for all students while honoring the diversity of our community.
- Incorporate technology into all aspects of the curriculum.
- Attract and retain quality staff.
- Foster strong community partnerships.
- Build positive communications within the District and the community.
- Maintain safe, clean, attractive, environments for learning and working.
- Integrate and maintain efficient data management and information systems.