San Rafael High School Mission Statement
Our mission at San Rafael High School is for each student to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the future and to contribute to society while recognizing the dignity and worth of each individual.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLR's)
To fulfill this mission the San Rafael High School staff, in partnership with the parents and students, expect graduates to be:
Aware, ethical and involved citizens who:
- participate in school, local communities and develop an awareness of one global community.
- engage in decision making that considers the economic, social, ethical and political consequences of their actions and accepts responsibility for them.
- value diversity of culture, language, ideas and gender.
Collaborative workers who:
- use cooperative skills to contribute to the accomplishment of group goals.
- utilized effective communication and problem solving skills.
- select and use a variety of tools including technology to acquire, organize, analyze and communicate information.
Critical thinkers who:
- analyze ideas and issues with an open and inquiring mind.
- plan, organize and carry out complex tasks.
- apply past learning experiences to new situations.
Effective communicators who:
- listen, speak, read and write competently.
- organize and express their thoughts in an informed and meaningful way using a variety of media.
- appreciate, critique, and create diverse forms of visual and performing arts.
Life-long learners who:
- assume personal responsibility for their learning.
- develop and evaluate personal educational and career plans.
- have the skills for life-long learning, fitness and wellness.